In The Name of Allah The Most Merciful and Most Gracious
Islam is a religion of nature. We were born to have faith and belief (iman). Moreover Islamic religion is not merely a faith, but a compelete way of Islam. Faith and believe will form an "aqeedah" (to tie or knot) and to affirm you faith in Allah. Therefore, al-aqeedah or al-itiqad by means of Islam is: The firm creed that one's heart is fixed upon without any wavering or doubt. It excludes any supposition, doubt or suspicion.
There is 6 articles of faith:
- Belief in God (Allah), the one and only one worthy of all worship (tawhid).
- Belief in the Angels (mala'ika).
- Belief in the Books (kitab) sent by Allah (including the Qur'an).
- Belief in all the Messengers (rasul) sent by Allah
- Belief in the Day of Judgment (qiyama)
- Belief in Destiny (Fate) (qadar).
The Messenger informed Mu'adh bin Jabar, when he was going to the land of Yemen, "You are going to a people from the People of the Book. Let the first thing you call them to be the worship of Allah. If they acknowledge Allah, then inform them that Allah has obligated upon them five prayers during their days and nights". (Hadith Al-Bukhari Muslim).
The matter of aqeedah is the first priority. Faith and knowledge are the means of attaining it. And the source of knowledge and faith is the Kitab and As-Sunnah.
Allah knows best.
"Hidup Harus Rasa BerTuhan"