Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

When you ask, ask Allah

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In The Name of Allah The Most Merciful and Most Gracious
As Salamu Alaykum w.b.t.



Allah's kindness is very near to us. He hears all and answers our supplications. It is we who are full of shortcomings, and so we badly need to be persistent in our supplications. Boredom or hopelessness should never cause us to stop invoking Allah, nor should one of us say: I prayed yet I have not been answered. Instead, we should press our heads humbly on the ground and beg for help from Allah. The best way to do this is to ask Him by His Perfect Names and Attributes. But until we are answered, we must be persistent in asking Him.

Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret.  (Qur'an 7: 55)

A writer narrated this story:
A Muslim went to a certain country as a refugee and he implored the authorities there to grant him citizenship. All doors were shut before him. Despite his many efforts at importuning others, all of his contacts failed. One day he met a righteous scholar, and he gave him an account of his predicament. The scholar said to him, `Supplicate to your Lord, for He is the One who makes things easy.' The meaning of this advice is found in the hadith:
"If you ask, then ask Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. And know that if the nation were to gather together in order to give you some benefit, they would not bring you any benefit, except with what Allah has written for you."

The refugee later related,
"By Allah, I stopped going to people for help or for intercession, and instead, I began praying to Allah in the last third of the night just as the scholar had told me to do. Just before the break of dawn, I would call to Allah and invoke Him for relief. Only a few days passed, after which, I submitted an application for citizenship without using any person of position to intercede for me. A few days passed and then suddenly, to my astonishment, I was called to pick up my citizenship request papers. They were stamped with 'Approved.'

Allah is very Gracious and Kind to His slaves.  (Qur 'an 42: 19)

Source:

Don't Be Sad - By Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni (A Few Excerpts from the Book about Happiness)


"BUT, BEFORE YOU ASK ALLAH FOR WHAT YOU WANT, FIRST THANK HIM FOR WHAT YOU HAVE.."

6 comments:

  1. Excellent blog you have here.. It's difficult to find good quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Also visit my site; nytimes626.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, this weekend is good designed for me, since this
    point in time i am reading this enormous educational article here at my home.


    My weblog: social.xfire.com ()

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers?

    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost
    on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a Paid Surveys (Http://Paidsurveysb.Tripod.Com) option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely overwhelmed ..
    Any ideas? Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.

    Please let me know. Thank you

    Feel free to surf to my blog post - Quest bars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there...

      First of all thank you for stopping by to my blog. I appreciate that you taking you time to read my blog.. :) I don't mind to let you share my blog with your twitter group. I would be glad if you do so..

      Any queries or question you may write an email to ryn3030@gmail.com. I will try my best to answer you..

      Thanks & Regards,
      R.Z

      Delete
  5. Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your
    post is simply spectacular and i could assume you're an expert on this subject.
    Fine with your permission allow me to grab your
    feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    Here is my web page: minecraft games

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...