In The Name of Allah The Most Merciful and Most Gracious
As Salamu Alaykum w.b.t.
I wanted to share a bit of a summary of a very popular book since I was a little girl, entitled 'Apa Ertinya Saya Menganut Islam-To Be A Muslim' by Sheikh Dr. Fathi Yakan.
Before I go further, let me share with you who is Sheikh Dr. Fathi Yakan.
Sheikh Dr. Fathi Yakan was born in February 9, 1933. He was an Islamic cleric who held a seat in the parliament of Lebanon in 1992. He was born in Tripoli.
He was among the pioneers of the Islamic movement in the 1950s and the head of the Islamic Action Front (Lebanon). He is regarded as Islamic Group (Al Jemaah Islamiyah)'s grandfather and leading ideologue.
He initiated a political effort between Prime Minister Fouad Siniora and his allies on the one hand and the opposition in a bid to end the rule crisis in the wake of the 2006 Israeli war on Lebanon.
Sheikh Yakan was married to Mona Haddad with whom he had established a private Islamic university, Al-Jinan University. He has four daughters and a son. He has authored more than 35 books, some of which were translated into many languages. Yakan died on June 13, 2009 after he was admitted to the Hotel Dieu Hospital a day earlier.
Why this book is very important to every Muslim?
This book is divided into two parts.
Part One : The Muslim
It emphasize a need of a Muslims in all categories being listed below. Today, many Muslim in this world are being Muslim due to heritage, because their family (father and mother is a Muslim) or it is written in their identification card. But many of the Muslims do not understand why they were a Muslim in each aspect of below:
1. I Must Be A Muslim From The Point of Faith (Aqidah)
2. I Must Be A Muslim From The Point of Worship (Ibadah)
3. I Must Be A Muslim From The Point of Morals (Akhlak)
4. I Must Be A Muslim From The Point of Family Life
5. I Must Be A Muslim From The Point of Self-Control
6. I Must Be A Muslim From The Point of Preparing for the Future
Part Two : The Movement
This section was discussed the responsibilities of a Muslim. It is not only focuses of the individual but to the whole 'Jemaah' and to the Muslim in the world (Daulah Islamiyah).
1. Living for Islam
2. The Compulsory Nature of Islamic Activism
3. The Islamic Movement: Its Task, Characteristics, and Tools
4. Distinguishing the Movement from Specialised Organisations
5. The Nature of Commitment
6. Strategic Planning
7. The Requirements of Bai'ah and Brotherhood
Must Have! Easy to read and to understand. A great book that can change your life. InsyaAllah.
Allahumma Rabbana Ja'alna Minhum. Ameen.